- More of Blackmagic Design
Customer who views this item also viewed
Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5K EF (BM-CINECAM26KEF)
Features EF mount, 13 stops of dynamic range, 2.5K sensor, SSD recorder and display.
Get one of the world’s finest digital film cameras with a beautiful design that features a machined aluminum chassis, interchangeable optics using EF compatible lens mount, high resolution 2.5K sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and 12-bit RAW uncompressed and compressed ProRes and DNxHD file formats! Includes sun shield, power supply, carry strap, UltraScope waveform monitoring software and a full version of DaVinci Resolve Software for Mac OS X and Windows.
Add the timeless beauty of feature film quality to your production work
Elegant, sophisticated and jam packed with the latest digital cinema technology, Blackmagic Cinema Camera gives your work that timeless feature film look! Blackmagic Cinema Camera features an amazing 2.5K image sensor with a wide 13 stops of dynamic range for a true digital film camera. You get a built-in SSD recorder, popular open standard uncompressed RAW and compressed file formats, compatibility with quality EF and ZE mount lenses, LCD touchscreen monitoring plus metadata entry, all packed into an exciting hand held design!
Move to Digital Film
Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a high resolution sensor with wide dynamic range so it’s perfect for independent film, television commercials and episodic television production. DaVinci Resolve software for Mac™ and Windows™ is included so you can work at the highest quality and get the best results. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is both affordable and a complete solution because it includes a built-in recorder and monitoring, so it’s perfect for displacing video-only cameras for work such as sporting events, weddings, music videos and more!
13 Stop Dynamic Range
Regular video cameras clip video so you are locked into images that look cheap. Blackmagic Cinema Camera eliminates this problem as it captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops into 12-bit DNG files, so your images look truly cinematic. This preserves detail in both shadows and highlights, and even handles indoor shots while keeping the details of any images captured through windows. This means you keep all sensor data so you can make creative decisions during DaVinci Resolve color grading!
Building one of the finest cameras in the world requires attention to every detail. Blackmagic Cinema Camera’s premium quality design features a machined aluminum chassis, interchangeable optics, high resolution 2.5K sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and 12-bit RAW uncompressed and compressed file formats! Every aspect of the image path has been totally optimized for quality, so this means you always get the quality you need for the most demanding work.
EF Compatible Lens Mount
With Blackmagic Cinema Camera you can use the most amazing optics from the world’s leading lens crafters such as Canon, Zeiss and many more. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is compatible with EF and ZE mount lenses, so you can use the lenses you already own! With Blackmagic Cinema Camera you are not locked into any specific lens and you can choose the lens you need based on the creative style of your shot! Blackmagic Cinema Camera allows full electronic control of your lens, so you can simply point, set iris and focus on command!
Blackmagic Cinema Camera is the first camera to feature built-in metadata entry so your files include information compatible with popular editing software. This dramatically speeds up the whole post production process! Entering metadata is easy. Simply tap the capacitive LCD touchscreen to display the slate where you can enter information such as shot number, search tags, scene number, timecode and more! You can even set shot number and other data to increment automatically!
Built-in SSD Recorder
Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a built-in SSD recorder that allows 2.5K uncompressed CinemaDNG RAW 12-bit capture as well as Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD compressed video formats. All file formats are open standard and used by NLE software so you get the only camera designed from the ground up to be part of a whole post production workflow! When you’ve finished shooting, simply connect the SSD to your computer and edit or color your shots straight from the disk!
Please note that no lens is in the delivery included!
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and film restoration software for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984.
Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including stereoscopic 3D and 4K workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, United Kingdom, Japan, Singapore, and Australia.
- Sensor Resolution
- Raw Resolution
- 12-bit RAW files recorded at 2432×1366
- Shooting Resolutions
- 2.5K RAW at 2432×1366.
ProRes and DNxHD at 1920×1080
- Frame Rates
- 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
- Sensor Size - Active
- 15,6 mm × 8,8 mm
- Dynamic Range
- 13 stops
- Focus button turns on peaking
- Iris Control
- Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings so no pixel is clipped
- Lens Mount
- EF and ZE mount compatible with electronic iris control
- Screen Dimensions
- 5" and 800×480 resolution
- Screen Type
- Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata Support
- Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords
- Onscreen touch menus and physical buttons for recording and transport control
- Integrated mono microphone
- Integrated mono speaker
- Mounting Options
- 3× 1/4" thread mounting points on top of camera.
1× 1/4" thread tripod mount with locator pin.
- Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery.
12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter.
- Battery Life
- Approximately 90 minutes
- Battery Charge Time
- Approximately 2 hours when not in use.
- Camera Dimensions
- 166.2mm by 113.51mm × 126.49mm excluding detachable sunshade and turret dust cap
- Camera Weight
- 1,7 kg / 3.75 lb
- Storage Type
- Removable 2.5” SSD
- Storage Format
- Mac OS Extended format. SSDs can be formatted on any Mac or use Mediafour MacDrive (not included) on a Windows PC.
- Storage Rates
- 5 MB/frame in RAW 2.5K fits about 30 minutes of 24p video on a 256 GB solid state disk. Compressed HD formats fit more than 5 times the amount of RAW video.
- Uncompressed Recording Formats
- RAW 2.5K CinemaDNG
- Compressed Recording Formats
- Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD. All compressed recording in 1920x1080 10-bit YUV with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range.
- SDI Video Output
- 1× 10-bit HD-SDI 4:2:2 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range
When recording is set to 25p or 29.97p with SDI Overlays switched off, the SDI output format is 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 respectively.
- Analog Audio Input
- 2× 1/4” jacks for professional balanced analog audio, switchable between mic and line levels.
- Analog Audio Output
- 1× 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- SDI Audio Output
- 4 channels in HD-SDI
- Remote Control
- 1 × 2.5mm LANC for Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus Control
- Computer Interface
- Thunderbolt port for capture of RAW video and audio.
USB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration.
- External Power
- 12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter.
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 292M.
- SDI Audio Sampling
- 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- Software Included
- DaVinci Resolve grading software including Resolve USB dongle for Mac OS X and Windows. Media Express software for video capture from the camera’s Thunderbolt port. Blackmagic UltraScope software for waveform monitoring from the camera’s Thunderbolt port.
- Detachable sun shield, camera strap, turret dust cap and 12V AC adapter.
- Product Warranty
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Camera Handles
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera Handles