Customer who views this item also viewed
Blackmagic Smart Videohub 12x12 (BM-VHUBSMART6G1212)
Smart Videohub 12x12 is the world’s most advanced Ultra HD mixed format router with built in control panel and monitoring. Ideal for small workgroups and fly away kits, it includes advanced 6G-SDI connections so you can simultaneously connect and route any combination of SD, HD and Ultra HD video all on the same router at the same time. You also get revolutionary new visual routing with the unique spin knob control, push button panel and the built in LCD screen. Also includes Ethernet for remote control and a fully customizable software development kit for Mac and Windows.
Introducing the exciting new Smart Videohub, the world’s first Ultra HD mixed format routers with built in video monitoring and spin knob router control. Smart Videohub includes the latest 6G-SDI technology so you can simultaneously connect and route any combination of SD, HD and Ultra HD video all on the same router at the same time! You also get revolutionary new visual routing that lets you see your router connections as video on the built in LCD as you scroll the knob to select your routing. Now you can route your video simply by looking at the video!
Perfect for Portable Use
Smart Videohub is perfect for broadcast, post or live production! Smart Videohub’s super compact size means its perfect for use in large broadcast systems or portable mini racks for live production where cameras, switchers, recording and monitors are all simply connected to Smart Videohub. Now you can avoid messy rewiring because you can connect everything to the router and then quickly change connections from job to job without reconnecting a single cable!
Innovative control and monitoring in a compact design!
Smart Videohub's beautiful machined aluminum design features new innovative video monitoring control. Now you can visually route video because the built in monitor lets you see live video, crosspoint connection labels and TV formats displayed simultaneously. You can make selections with the spin knob or switch video with the dedicated button panel. Choose from three incredible models! The Smart Videohub 12 x 12, 20 x 20 and 40x40 all feature the amazing new control panel, built in power supply, network control and advanced 6G-SDI connections in a compact design. You can even configure all IP settings on the front of the unit without a computer!
Route your video by looking at it!
Scan through video at lightning speed! Smart Videohub's super fast spin knob control lets you dial though your router cross points while displaying live video combined with custom on screen labels. Scroll order is arranged alphabetically so it’s easy to find the crosspoint you are looking for! The spin knob control combined with visual routing is the fastest way to route! Imagine scrolling through your connections while viewing them as live video on the LCD! On screen labels support unicode so they work in non Roman character sets such as Chinese, Japanese, Russian, German, French, Spanish and more. That means if you have labels in Japanese it will appear on the front panel in Japanese exactly the same as it appears on the software control panel on your computer.
Built in video, label and format monitoring!
Now you can monitor all the live video connected to your Videohub. The built in LCD lets you see your video in virtually every TV format! That means you don't need a separate external monitor because its built into the front panel of the router itself! You can look at any source or destination and confirm the correct video inputs are being sent to the correct video outputs. Built in monitoring is perfect when space is tight, such as mini racks and broadcast trucks.
Up to 40x40 size for advanced routing applications!
When you need larger routers for serious sized facilities, the Smart Videohub range has the options you need. You can select from models with a small 12 x 12 size, all the way up to 20 x 20 and a massive 40 x 40 sources and destinations, all with 6G-SDI technology. For external remote control, Ethernet is included so you can also route from a choice of hardware based control panel your Mac or Windows computer. For integration into broadcast systems, RS422 control is included and the router supports tri-sync and black burst reference.
The highest quality digital video in SD, HD and Ultra HD!
Smart Videohub features advanced 6G-SDI connections that allow high resolution Ultra HD video using a single SDI connection, while retaining full compatibility with all SD and HD-SDI equipment. You get the perfect quality of SDI video connections with the flexibility to work in any television format you like, as well as 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 color sampling. Even if you’re not running in Ultra HD now, you can still work in SD or HD today and be ready for Ultra HD when you need it.
Different formats, frame rates and resolutions simultaneously!
Smart Video includes multi format technology so you can simultaneously connect SD, HD and Ultra HD equipment all on the same router at the same time. SDI products from Blackmagic Design will automatically detect the SDI video format when it changes and instantly switch standards. This means you can seamlessly work in NTSC and PAL SD, 720 and 1080 HD and even 2160 Ultra HD at any frame rate, all at the same time on the single router!
The broadcast industry’s video standard of the future
Get amazing images that are so detailed it’s like being there! With Ultra HD you get 4 times the resolution of regular 1080 HD video for a massive 3840 x 2160 frame size. The new Smart Videohub easily handles the enormous data rates of full resolution Ultra HD video as well as SD and HD video. Ultra HD is the broadcast standard of the future and production of 4K content is accelerating! Smart Videohub’s advanced 6G-SDI multi format connections are compatible with your existing SD-SDI and HD-SDI equipment as well as the latest Ultra HD gear.
Control routing via network on Mac and Windows!
If you want to control your Smart Videohub anywhere then the included free Videohub software control for Mac and Windows is the perfect solution. Videohub control software has a great looking interface with amazing icon buttons. When used with new touchscreen PCs, you get a fantastic large screen XY control panel! You can even download the new software control panel for Apple iPad® that lets you use it as a fantastic, low cost touch screen router panel, it's free on the App Store!
Add incredible rack mount hardware control panels
For dedicated remote router panels, you can choose between Videohub Smart Control and Videohub Master Control. Both optional panels connect to your network via Ethernet and can control any Videohub model. Videohub Smart Control is ideal for direct cut bus style routing to monitors or decks, while Videohub Master Control gives you full spin knob control and direct label entry with an LCD display to see your router crosspoint labels. You get perfect integration and 24/7 broadcast reliability with Blackmagic Videohub remote panels!
– Smart Videohub 12x12
– Software CD
– Warranty (12 month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty)
- SDI Video Input
- 12 × 10 bit SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 6G-SDI.
- SDI Video Output
- 12 × 10 bit SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 6G-SDI.
- Reference Input
- Blackburst and TriSync for SD, HD and 4K.
- Multi Rate Support
- Auto detection of SD, HD or 6G-SDI. Simultaneous routing of 4K, HD, SD video and DVB-ASI.
- USB or Ethernet
- Router Control
- 12 buttons for local control of Videohub. 6 buttons and scroll wheel for control of LCD display or RJ45 Ethernet.
- Router Configuration
- Via front panel LCD or use either RJ45 Ethernet or USB 2.0 for setting IP address only.
- RS-422 Router Control
- 1 × input for controlling router crosspoint switching.
- On all SDI outputs, auto switching between standard definition, high definition or 6G-SDI video.
- SD Format Support
- 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC and 525/23.98 NTSC.
- HD Format Support
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60.
- 2K Format Support
- 2048x1080p23.98, 2048x1080p24, 2048x1080p25, 2048x1080PsF23.98, 2048x1080PsF24, 2048x1080PsF25.
- 4K Format Support
- 3840x2160p23.98, 3840x2160p24, 3840x2160p25, 3840x2160p29.97, 3840x2160p30, 4096x2160p24.
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 310M, SMPTE 425M-B, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Video rates
- SDI video inputs are switchable between standard definition, high definition and 4K. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI, 3G-SDI and 6G-SDI.
- SDI Video Sampling
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Sampling
- Television standard sample rate of 48kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 10 bit.
- SDI Color Space
- YUV or RGB.
- SDI Auto Switching
- Automatically selects between SD-SDI, HD-SDI, 6G-SDI and DVB-ASI on each input so that each input can be running a different television standard.
- SDI Metadata Support
- Video payload identification ancillary data as per SMPTE 352M.
- Software Control
- Router control included free for Windows™ and Mac OS X™.
- Internal Software Upgrade
- Via included updater application.
- Operating Systems
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Built-in LCD for video and menu settings.
- Physical Installation
- 1 rack unit size. Less than 6 inches deep.
- Power Fail Protection
- Router connections preserved and restored instantly at power on.
- Power Supply
- IEC power cable required. 90 - 240V AC input.
- Operating Temperature
- 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature
- -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity
- 0% to 90% non-condensing