Canon EOS 1D C DSLR Body 35mm CMOS Digital SLR with 4KSKU: 4840
- More of Canon
Customer who views this item also viewed
Canon EOS-1D C DSLR - 4K Cinema Camera - Body only
Canon EOS-1D C 4k 35mm CMOS Sensor DSLR Camera - body only
The first SLR camera of its kind, the EOS-1D C offers a unique and highly portable package optimised for high-quality video recording. Advanced creative flexibility is provided with support for a range of resolutions and variable frame rates. 4K video is recorded using 8-bit Motion JPEG compression at 24p, and Full HD (1920 x 1080) video capture is available at frame rates up to 1080/60p. The camera supports internal recording to CF cards at all resolutions up to and including 4K, offering enhanced mobility. Video can also be output to external recorders¹ via an integrated HDMI terminal using an uncompressed YCbCr 4:2:2 signal.
The EOS-1D C also features Canon Log Gamma, which facilitates the capture of high-quality video rich in exposure latitude and dynamic range. Ideal for video professionals who want to retain the maximum amount of information without huge file sizes, Canon Log Gamma offers a dynamic range uniquely comparable to film, minimising shadow-detail loss and highlight-detail loss to provide greater grading freedom for colourists in post-production.
?The EOS-1D C is a fantastic addition to the Cinema EOS System,? said Kieran Magee, Marketing Director, Professional Imaging, Canon Europe. ?Since the introduction of Cinema EOS we?ve had an excellent response from professionals who are hugely excited by the image quality and creative freedom the system offers. The new EOS-1D C will expand those creative options further ? it?s a unique camera, supporting 4K video recording in a highly compact body that can be used in a number of different ways. We?re very excited to see what the professional community can achieve with it.?
Advanced performance meets creative flexibility
Based on the core specifications of the EOS-1D X, the EOS-1D C provides exceptional image quality and versatility, with an 18.1-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor. Optimised for high quality video capture, the sensor provides video professionals with the freedom to adjust image resolution to suit a subject or desired output. During 4K shooting pixels are cropped to an area equivalent to an APS-H sensor, preventing the need to resize or scale the image, ensuring maximum image quality. Additionally, a Super 35mm crop in Full HD recording caters for cinematographers who typically work in the Super 35mm field of view.
The sensor provides high quality performance in all conditions, delivering advanced creative blurring and light capturing abilities when used in combination with Canon?s EF Cinema prime lenses. Its size enables professionals to achieve an extremely shallow depth of field with beautiful background blur, and sensitivity up to ISO 25,600 provides excellent quality and reduced noise in low-light situations.
- 36 × 24 mm CMOS
- Effective Pixels
- Approx. 18.10 megapixels
- Total Pixels
- Approx. 19.3 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio
- Stills: 3.2, Movies : 16:9 (4K, Super 35mm, Full HD, HD) 4:3 (SD)
- Low-Pass Filter
- Built-in/Fixed with fluorine coating
- Sensor Cleaning
- EOS integrated cleaning system
- Colour Filter Type
- Primary Colour
- Dual DIGIC 5+
- Lens Mount
- EF including limted support for EF cine zooms (excludes EF-S lenses)
- Focal Length
- Equivalent to 1.0x the focal length of the lens
- TTL-CT-SIR with a dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF System/ Points
- 61 Point / 41 f/4 cross-type AF points inc 5 dual cross type at f/2.8. The number of cross-type AF points will differ depending on the lens.
- AF Working Range
- EV -2 - 18 (at 23°C & ISO100)
- AF Modes
- One Shot, AI Servo
- AF Point Selection
- Automatic selection: 61 point AF, Manual selection: Single point AF (61, 41 cross type only, 15 or 9 points selectable), Manual selection: Spot AF , Manual selection: AF point Expansion 4 points (up, down, left, right), Manual selection: AF point Expansion surrounding 8 points, Manual selection: Zone AF, AF points can be selected separately for vertical and horizontal shooting
- Selected AF Point Display
- Superimposed in viewfinder
- AF Lock
- Locked when shutter button is pressed half way in One Shot AF mode or AF-ON button is pressed.
- AF Assist Beam
- Emitted by optional dedicated Speedlite
- Manual Focus
- Selected on lens, default in Live View Mode
- AF Microadjustment
- AF Menu +/- 20 steps ( wide and tele setting for Zooms). Adjust all lenses by same amount. Adjust up to 40 lenses individually. Adjustments remembered for lens by serial number.
- Metering Modes
- TTL full aperture metering with 252 zone from 100,000-pixel RGB AE senssor. (1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF point). (2) Partial metering (approx. 6.5% of viewfinder at centre). (3) Spot metering: Center spot metering (approx. 2.5% viewfinder), AF point-linked spot metering, Multi/Spot metering (Max 8 spot metering entries). (4) Center weighted average metering
- Metering Range
- EV 0 - 20 (at 23°C with 50mm f/1.4 lens ISO100)
- AE Lock
- Auto: In One-shot AF mode with evaluative metering exposure is locked when focus is achieved. Manual: By AE lock button in P, TV and AV modes.
- Exposure Compensation
- '+/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
- 2, 3, 5 or 7 Shots +/-3 EV 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments
- ISO Sensitivity
- Auto (100-51200), 100-51200 (in 1/3-stop or whole stop increments) (movie 100- 25600). ISO can be expanded to L: 50, H1 102400, H2 204800