- More of Panasonic
Customer who views this item also viewed
Panasonic AJ-PX270 AVC-Ultra Camcorder
The first handheld camera recorder to feature the AVC-ULTRA*1 codec family, microP2 cards and wireless LAN connection*2
The AJ-PX270 is the first P2HD handheld camera recorder with AVC-ULTRA recording and built-in microP2 card slots.
In addition to the established AVC-Intra100, the AJ-PX270 has AVC-LongG for extended recording and the optional AVC-Intra200*2 codec for master level recording offering a wide range of choice.
This handheld camera features two built-in microP2 card slots with simultaneous recording functionality, a newly designed multipurpose compact zoom lens and wireless workflow options.
- AVC-Intra100/50 + AVC-LongG50/25 (standard)
- High quality 10bit/4:2:2 recording video recording at 50Mbps or 25Mbps
- New compact / lightweight 22x lens (f=28mm-616mm/35mm)
- Network workflow connectivity with LAN connection as standard
- Dual microP2 card slots for cost efficient microP2 cards
Master Quality Codecs
The AJ-PX270 covers both low-bit rate and high-bit rate recording thanks to its inherent support of the AVC-ULTRA codec family. The AVC-LongG25 enables extended 1920 x 1080 10 bit 4:2:2 broadcast-quality recording (four times longer than AVC-Intra100). The AJ-PX270 also supports DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50 as standard for SD recording and DVCPRO HD, AVC-Intra 50, AVC-Intra 100 along with the new AVC-LongG6, G12, G25 and G50 as standard for HD recoding. For even higher quality recording, the AJ-PX270 supports the visually lossless AVC-Intra 200 codec, as an option for master quality all in one compact handheld camera.
Superb Image Quality- High Quality, High Sensitivity Sensor
Additional features of the camera include a newly designed built-in compact 22x zoom lens which covers a wide range from 28mm to 616mm (35mm camera equivalent). The three lens rings for Cam-Type Zoom, Focus and Iris operation provide comfortable manual control similar to that of interchangeable lenses. The newly developed high-sensitivity and low-noise 1/3 type 3MOS sensors produce superb image quality, even in dim light.
Ultimate Cost Effective Operation
Two microP2 card slots enable cost-effective operation. With the same reliability as the P2 card, the microP2 cards can be used without an adapter for either relay recording, when one card is full the AJ-PX270 seamlessly switches to the second card to continue recording; or simultaneous recording, where the same codec is recorded on to both cards at the same time for backup use. The microP2 slots can be used with standard SD cards for even greater efficiency when recording*6 codec’s with 50Mbps or less. A single P2 slot is also provided for integration with existing P2 workflows.
Wide Connectivity Functions for Easy Sharing in the Field
Camera connectivity is becoming increasingly important as the need for an ever faster workflow grows. The AJ-PX270 features a wired and wireless LAN (via an optional, AG-WM30 Wireless dongle) that supports the existing Panasonic network functions such as remote proxy viewing, metadata viewing and amendment, and live uplink*4 and playlist*4 solutions. Further expansion of the AJ-PX270 network workflow is planned, which will include connection over a mobile 3G/4G/LTE network. Thanks to these network features, users of the AJ-PX270 can easily uplink low-bit rate proxy*3 data and full quality broadcast content. The handheld camera’s network function makes the production workflow more efficient and accelerates the broadcast workflow from shooting to on-air.
Professional Outputs for Flexible Shooting
The inclusion of the network connections hasn’t been at the expense of the traditional video and audio connections. The AJ-PX270 has all the A/V connections you would expect on a professional camera, including SD/HD/3G-SDI output, HDMI, Video output or GEN Lock input and Timecode IN/OUT. The AJ-PX270 has two 3 pin XLR audio inputs; one in front behind the microphone mount for easy connection to an external mic and one at the rear side of the camera along with the headphone and audio out for monitoring.
New Ergonomic, Compact and Intuitive Design
The ergonomic design of the AJ-PX270 sees the common video and audio connections mounted on the side of the camera, keeping them out of the way when cables are connected. When it comes to control layout, the low weight and well balanced AJ-PX270 takes many of its inspirations from the professional shoulder mount style cameras. White balance and video gain control toggle switches are positioned easily to hand under the lens and for the first time in a handheld camera*5 an audio fader control and record start/stop are located at the front of the camera.
*1: AVC-ULTRA is the name of Panasonic's professional video codec family. The AJ-PX270 does not support all of the formats included in the AVC-ULTRA family.
*3: The use of DCF Technologies is under license from Multi-Format, Inc.
*4 Available in near future.
*5 As of March 2014
*6 Not all SD cards are guaranteed to work with the AJ-PX270EJ or record. Recording speeds are limited to a maximum 50Mb/s.
- DC 7.2 V (when the battery is used)
DC 12 V (when the AC adaptor is used)
- Power consumption:
- 19.5 W (when the LCD monitor is used)
- Operating Temperature:
- 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Operating Humidity:
- 10% to 80% (no condensation)
- Approx. 2.2 kg (4.9 lbs.)(body only, excluding lens hood, battery, and accessories)
Approx. 2.6 kg (5.7 lbs.)(including lens hood, supplied battery, and microphone holder)
- 176 mm(H) × 171 mm(W) × 329 mm (D) (excluding protrusion)
(6-15/16 inches × 6-23/32 inches × 12-15/16 inches)
- Pickup Device:
- 1/3-type 2.2 million pixels, MOS solid state image sensor ×3
- Optical image stabilizer lens, optical 22x motorized zoom
F1.6 to F3.2 (f=3.9 mm to 86 mm)
35 mm conversion: 28 mm to 616 mm (16:9)
- Filter Diameter:
- 72 mm
- Optical System:
- Prism system
- ND Filter:
- OFF, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
- Shortest Shooting Distance (M.O.D.):
- 1.1m from the front lens
Approx. 0.06 m from front lens (When Macro=On, at wide-end)
- Gain Setting:
- L/M/H selector switch−3 dB to 18 dB (in 1 dB steps)
(Negative value of gain is only in [HIGH SENS.] mode.)
(When assigning [S.GAIN] to the USER button:
Switching between 24 dB, 30 dB, and 36 dB)
- Color Temperature Setting:
- ATW, ATW LOCK, Ach, Bch, preset 3200 K/preset 5600 K/VAR (2000 K to 15000 K)
- Shutter Speed:
- When [SYSTEM MODE] = 59.94 Hz
• 60i/60p mode: 1/60 (shutter off) sec., 1/100 sec., 1/120 sec., 1/250 sec., 1/500 sec., 1/1000 sec., 1/2000 sec.
• 30p mode: 1/30 sec., 1/50 (shutter off) sec., 1/60 sec., 1/120 sec., 1/250 sec., 1/500 sec., 1/1000 sec., 1/2000 sec.
• 24p mode: 1/24 sec., 1/50 (shutter off) sec., 1/60 sec., 1/120 sec., 1/250 sec., 1/500 sec., 1/1000 sec., 1/2000 sec.
When [SYSTEM MODE] = 50 Hz
• 50i/50p mode: 1/50 (shutter off) sec., 1/60 sec., 1/120 sec., 1/250 sec., 1/500 sec., 1/1000 sec., 1/2000 sec.
• 25p mode: 1/25 sec., 1/50 (shutter off) sec., 1/60 sec., 1/120 sec., 1/250 sec., 1/500 sec., 1/1000 sec., 1/2000 sec.
- Slow Shutter Speed:
- Setting is possible when [VFR]=[OFF]
When [SYSTEM MODE] = 59.94 Hz
• 60i/60p mode: 1/1 sec., 1/2 sec., 1/4 sec., 1/6 sec., 1/15 sec., 1/30 sec.
• 30p mode: 1/1 sec., 1/2 sec., 1/4 sec., 1/6sec., 1/15 sec.
• 24p mode: 1/1 sec., 1/2 sec., 1/4 sec., 1/6 sec., 1/12 sec.
When [SYSTEM MODE] = 50 Hz
• 50i/50p mode: 1/1 sec., 1/2 sec., 1/4 sec., 1/6 sec., 1/12 sec., 1/25 sec.
• 25p mode: 1/1 sec., 1/2 sec., 1/4 sec., 1/6 sec., 1/12 sec.
- Synchro Scan Shutter:
- When [SYSTEM MODE] = 59.94 Hz and [SYNC SCAN TYPE] = [sec]
• 60i/60p mode: 1/60.0 sec. to 1/249.8 sec.
• 30p mode: 1/30.0 sec. to 1/249.8 sec.
• 24p mode: 1/24.0 sec. to 1/249.8 sec.
When [SYSTEM MODE] = 50 Hz and [SYNC SCAN TYPE] = [sec]
• 50i/50p mode: 1/50.0 sec. to 1/250.0 sec.
• 25p mode: 1/25.0 sec. to 1/250.0 sec.
- Shutter Open Angle:
- 3.0 deg to 180.0 deg to 360.0 deg (in 0.5 deg steps, angle display)
- VFR Recording Frame Rate:
- •1080/59.94p: 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 40, 44, 48, 54, and 60 (frames per second)
• 1080/50p: 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30, 32, 34, 37, 42, 45, 48, and 50 (frames per second)
- [HIGH SENS.] mode
F11 (2000 lx, 3200 K, 89.9% reflection, 1080/59.94i)
F12 (2000 lx, 3200 K, 89.9% reflection, 1080/50i)
- Minimum Subject Illumination:
- 0.02 lx (F1.6, gain 18 dB, [1S.EXP.], [HIGH SENS.] mode)
- Digital Zoom:
- Lens Hood:
- Hood with lens cover
- Recording Media:
- microP2 card, P2 card
- Recording Slot:
- microP2 card slot ×2, P2 card slot ×1
- System Format:
- 1080/59.94p, 1080/59.94i, 720/59.94p, 480/59.94i
1080/50p, 1080/50i, 720/50p, 576/50i
- Recording Format:
DVCPRO HD/DVCPRO50/DVCPRO/DV formats
- Recording Video Signal:
- 1080/59.94p, 1080/59.94i, 1080/29.97pN, 1080/23.98pN,
720/59.94p, 480/59.94i, 480/29.97p
1080/50p, 1080/50i, 1080/25pN, 720/50p, 576/50i, 576/25p
- Recording/Playback Time:
- AVC‑Intra100/DVCPRO HD: 16 GB×1 Approx. 16 min. / 32 GB×1 Approx. 32 min. / 64 GB×1 Approx. 64 min.
AVC‑Intra50/AVC‑LongG50/DVCPRO50: 16 GB×1 Approx. 32 min. / 32 GB×1 Approx. 64 min. / 64 GB×1 Approx. 128 min.
AVC‑LongG25/DVCPRO/DV: 16 GB×1 Approx. 64 min. / 32 GB×1 Approx. 128 min. / 64 GB×1 Approx. 256 min.
AVC‑LongG12: 16 GB×1 Approx. 120 min. / 32 GB×1 Approx. 240 min. / 64 GB×1 Approx. 480 min.
- Sampling Frequency:
Y: 74.1758 MHz, PB/PR: 37.0879 MHz (59.94 Hz)
Y: 74.2500 MHz, PB/PR: 37.1250 MHz (50 Hz)
Y: 13.5 MHz, PB/PR: 6.75 MHz
Y: 13.5 MHz, PB/PR: 3.375 MHz
- AVC‑Intra100/AVC‑Intra50/AVC‑LongG50/AVC‑LongG25: 10 bits
AVC‑LongG12/DVCPRO HD/DVCPRO50/DVCPRO/DV: 8 bits
- Video Compression Format:
- AVC‑Intra100/AVC‑Intra50: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Intra Profile
AVC‑LongG50/AVC‑LongG25/AVC‑LongG12: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
DVCPRO HD: DV-Based Compression (SMPTE 370M)
DVCPRO50/DVCPRO: DV-Based Compression (SMPTE 314M)
DV: DV Compression (IEC 61834-2)
- Recording Audio Signal:
- AVC‑Intra100/ AVC‑Intra50:
48 kHz/16 bits, 4CH and 48 kHz/24 bits, 4CH switch
AVC‑LongG50/AVC‑LongG25: 48 kHz/24 bits, 4CH
AVC‑LongG12/DVCPRO HD/DVCPRO50: 48 kHz/16 bits, 4CH
DVCPRO/DV: 48 kHz/16 bits, 4CH
- 12 dB/18 dB/20 dB switchable menu
- File Format:
- Video Compression Format:
- H.264/AVC Baseline Profile, H.264/AVC High Profile
- Audio Compression Format:
- AAC‑LC, Linear PCM
- Approximate Recording Time (1 GB)*2:
- AVC-G6 2CH MOV: Approx. 13 min.
SHQ 2CH MOV: Approx. 25 min.
HQ 2CH MOV: Approx. 78 min.
LOW 2CH MOV: Approx. 135 min.
- SDI OUT:
- BNC×1, HD (3G/1.5G), SD: 0.8 V [p-p], 75 Ω
- VIDEO OUT:
- BNC×1, Also used as the GENLOCK IN, IN/OUT switch selection
Composite: 1.0 V [p-p], 75 Ω
- HDMI OUT:
(HDMI type A terminal, not compatible with VIERA Link)
- Built-in Microphone:
- Supports stereo microphone
- AUDIO INPUT 1/AUDIO INPUT 2:
- XLR×2, 3 pin.Input high impedance, LINE/MIC switch selection
LINE: 4 dBu/0 dBu (selectable menu)
MIC: −40 dBu/−50 dBu/−60 dBu (selectable menu)
+48 åV on/off (switch selection)
- AUDIO OUT:
- 3.5 mm diameter stereo mini jack ×1, Output level: 600 Ω, 316 mV
- 3.5 mm diameter stereo mini jack ×1
100 Ω, −16 dBV (32 Ω load, at maximum output level)
- 20 mm diameter, round ×1
- CAM REMOTE:
- 2.5 mm diameter super mini jack ×1 ZOOM S/S
3.5 mm diameter mini jack ×1 FOCUS IRIS
- GENLOCK IN:
- BNC×1, also used as the VIDEO OUT, IN/OUT switch selection, 1.0 V [p-p], 75 Ω
- TC IN/OUT:
Used as the input and output terminals, IN/OUT switch selection
Input: 1.0 V - 4.0 V [p-p], 10 kΩ
Output: 2.0 V±0.5 V [p-p], low impedance
- USB2.0 DEVICE (device):
- Type miniB connector, 4 pin
- USB3.0 HOST (host):
- Type A connector, 9 pin
- USB2.0 HOST(sub-host):
- Type A connector, 4 pin (exclusively for wireless module AJ‑WM30)
- DC IN 12V:
- DC 12 V (DC 10.5 V - 13.5 V), EIAJ type 4
- LCD Monitor:
- 3.5 type QHD color monitor (Approx. 1560000 dots)
- 0.5 type OLED (organic EL display)
(Approx. 2360000 dots, video display area: Approx. 1770000 dots)
- Included Accessories:
- Battery (VW-VBD58), Shoulder strap, Battery charger, AC adaptor, Microphone holder, Screw for microphone holder (12 mm), Power code × 2, Eye cup, Lens hood, Grip belt
Memory card recorder