Sony Alpha 7R III Camera BodySKU: 1000002398
35mm Exmor R|42.4MP / 4k 30p / FullHD 120p / E-Mount / SD Card UHS-II (2×)
Customer who views this item also viewed
Starting at €1,519.00 €1,276.47
Sony Alpha 7R III Digital-Camera
Inspiring maximum creativity
Welcome to a new world of imaging with resolution, sensitivity, dynamic range, processing speed, and shooting response further enhanced. The α7R III packs pro-style operability into a strong, compact body to give you greater flexibility to take brilliant shots in any situation. With such high power, precision, and potential at your command, you can capture once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
42.4MP3 full-frame Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
The Exmor R sensor’s back-illuminated, gapless on-chip lens design increases light sensitivity and provides wide dynamic range, despite its high resolution of 42.4MP3.
Greatly enhanced image processing
A new front-end LSI and BIONZ X™ boost processing speed and are teamed with the Exmor R™ sensor to deliver up to 15-stop dynamic range at low ISO sensitivity for stills, enabling richer tonal expression.
Wide standard ISO 100-32000 range
The standard ISO range has been extended to ISO 100-32000 (expandable4 to ISO 50-102400), and noise has been reduced by as much as a full stop5 in the mid sensitivity range.
14-bit RAW output for rich gradations
14-bit RAW format output contains rich tonal information from highlights to shadows, and is available even when shooting in silent or continuous mode6 7.
 Image sensor
 The latest high-speed front-end LSI
 16-bit image processing
Strong, light, reliable design takes you further
High-resolution Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder provides natural, high-precision viewfinder image. The functional advantages of an EVF, such as high visibility in darkness and AF capability when using magnified display, is further enhanced for powerful shooting support. For even greater versatility, the α7R III’s small, light body is robust and rigid enough for rugged use.
3.69-million-dot Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder
This high-resolution twice-as-bright8 electronic viewfinder reproduces fine detail. “Hi” quality mode provides extra-fine views of natural realism on brilliant display.
Up to 10fps11 continuous shooting in silcence
Capture an instant action with continuous shooting of up to 10fps11with AF/AE tracking. Huge data of 42.4MP3 imaging maintains high image quality that is advantageous for your creative trimming. This camera allows silent shooting at up to 10fps11 with AF/AE tracking. Silence is critical for shooting wildlife, when even slight noise can mean missing a chance at an ideal shot.
Dramatically evolved AF performance
AF performance is improved by inheriting the AF performance used in the α9 and applying it optimally, so once the α7R III captures a wild animal that moves unpredictably, it won’t easily let it go.
Comprehensive Fast Hybrid AF coverage
399 phase-detection AF points covering approx. 68% of image area width and height plus 425 densely positioned contrast-detection AF points12 improve focus that might otherwise be unachievable.
Up to 2x faster (approx.) AF response13
Thanks to much more responsive, enhanced Fast Hybrid AF, AF speed is up to approximately two times faster13 under dim lighting conditions.
AF tracking improved by approx. 2x5
The AF algorithm inherited from the α9 accounts for two times more precise5 AF tracking for continuous shooting, even of complex or sudden movement.
Reliable AF down to EV-3 brightness
Advanced AF algorithms contribute to high AF precision down to light levels as low as EV-314, for more reliable autofocus in dark scenes.
Never waste a moment
New multi-selector, AF-ON button, and touch focus functions make focus operation quick and intuitive. With built-in dual slots and compatibility with large-capacity rechargeable-battery NP-FZ100, the α7R III also ensures that you can shoot with far less interruption, because you won’t need to change media and battery as frequently.
Shoot up to 76 images continuously
Capture up to 76 compressed RAW16 or JPEG images in a continuous burst.17 This allows you to confidently concentrate on burst shooting without distraction.
Dual media slots, UHS-II support
With two media slots, including one that’s UHS-II-compatible for fast data writing, the α7R III can simultaneously or relay record, separate RAW/JPEG data and stills/movies, and copy data between cards.
Extend shooting to professional length
The α7R III can use a NP-FZ100 battery with approx. 2.2 times as much capacity as a NP-FW50 battery. USB Type-C™ and Multi/Micro USB ports allow connection of external batteries for extended shooting.
With rating function, you can rate recorded still images from 1 to 5 stars anywhere right on the spot, using the playback screen to perform the function if it is assigned to a custom button.
Grouping display for continuous shots
A series of photos shot in continuous mode can be reviewed as groups, play index display is improved, and continuous groups can be deleted or protected at once.
My Menu: faster to your favourites
Register up to 30 frequently used items on the new My Menu for instant recall. You can create and customise an optimal menu for your own convenience.
Eye AF with doubled performance
With the α7R III, Eye AF evolves with two times5more immediate, effective eye detection and tracking, even when shooting a moving portrait subject. Even if the face is partially hidden, when face is looking down or even in dim light.
Enhanced image stabilisation: freer shooting
Thanks to enhanced 5-axis in-camera image stabiliser, whenever you want to move and shoot freely, you can rely on the α7R III’s high-resolution performance and mobility, in order to concentrate on the subject without worrying about various types of camera-shake blur.
5-axis optical in-body image stabilisation
New stabilisation unit/gyro sensors/algorithms effectively raise 5.5 stops19. Five types of camera shake — angular shake (pitch/yaw), X/Y shift, and rotational shake (roll) — are compensated
High connectivity for professional workflow
The α7R III includes USB 3.1 Gen 1 compatible USB Type-C™ port and sync terminals that enable the camera to be connected directly to external devices without delay. These connections make workflow more seamless and stress-free, even for studio shooting that makes use of PC tethered shooting or flash. A standard sync terminal is provided for convenient synchronisation with studio flash units and other external lighting equipment.
- Sony Alpha A7R III Digital-Camera
- Power cord
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100
- Cable Protector
- Battery Charger BC-QZ1
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- USB Type-C™ cable
- A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. UHS Speed Class 3 or higher card is required for 100Mbps recording.
- Connect this product to an HDR (HLG) compatible Sony TV via a USB cable when displaying HDR (HLG) movies.
- Approximate number of effective pixels
- Expanded ISO available for still images only.
- Compared to the α7R II. Sony test conditions.
- When uncompressed RAW is selected.
- Limited to 12 bits during compressed RAW continuous shooting, BULB exposure, or when Long Exposure NR is ON.
- Compared to the XGA OLED Tru-Finder in the α7R II.
- Sony internal tests with electronic front curtain shutter.
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
- In continuous “Hi+” mode, and up to 8fps in continuous “Hi” mode. Maximum fps will depend on camera settings. A software update may be required for some lenses. Refer to the Sony support site for compatibility details.
- Increased from 25 contrast-detection AF points of a conventional model.
- In low light conditions. Compared to the α7R II. Sony test conditions.
- ISO 100 equivalent, F2.0 lens, in the AF-S mode
- With uncompressed RAW images, up to 28 exposures.
- In continuous “Hi+” mode with UHS-II compatible SDXC memory card. Sony test conditions.
- Eye AF may not work as well as intended, depending on type of shooting scene and conditions.
- CIPA standards. Pitch/yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off.
- Refer to the download page for details: http://www.sony.net/disoft/d/
- Does not support full functional compatibility with some of the camera models. See Sony support site for details.
- Please contact Phase One regarding all inquiries as to usage and support including functional compatibility of Capture One Express (for Sony) and Capture One Pro (for Sony).
- A dedicated software application is required for compositing (http://www.sony.net/disoft/d/) on a personal computer. Image compositing may not be successful if camera or subject movement causes blur. The use of a tripod is recommended, as is the use of PC remote function or a remote commander where possible. Uncompressed RAW format and silent mode are automatically selected for Pixel Shift Multi shooting. Some restrictions apply to flash and other devices. Refer to the Sony support site (http://www.sony.net/psms/) for details.
- The LCD screen is turned on, shot once every 30 seconds, operate zoom alternately between W and T ends, flash strobe once every two times, turn power off and on once every ten times.
- The RRP is Sony's recommended retail price; the actual retail price is determined by the retailer/seller and not by Sony.
- For use of other companies’ services and software, 1) other conditions for use may be applied. 2) updating of services and software may be stopped/terminated without prior notice. 3) the contents of services and software may be changed without prior notice. 4) other registrations or payments of other fees may be required.
- This product is also known as ILCE7RM3B.CEC
- Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.