Metabones PL to Sony E-mount T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71xSKU: 1000001973
5 elements-4 groups / High index glass / 0.71x magnificatio / Reduces crop factor
Customer who views this item also viewed
Metabones PL to Sony E-mount T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x
New optical design: advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass to achieve extraordinary optical performance with improved corner sharpness, distortion and reduced vignetting.
Like the revolutionary original Metabones Speed Booster announced in January 2013, the Speed Booster ULTRA has a magnification of 0.71x, and so it effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless cameras with DX-sized sensors and Super35 camcoder, such as Sony E-mount, Fuji X-mount cameras Sony FS7 MARKII, from 1.5x to 1.07x. However, the new ULTRA design makes very effective use of exotic materials at the furthest limit of glassmaking technology, and as a result is well corrected for use with virtually all fullframe SLR/Prime lenses regardless of exit pupil distance.
• Design for attaching full-frame PL Prime Lens to Sony E-mount cameras/camcorders
• Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
• Increase MTF.
• Makes lens 0.71x wider.
• Advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending).
• New positive-lock PL lens mount. (Patent pending).
• Felt material flocked inside the opening to reduce internal reflection.
• Compatible with Sony FS7 Mark II camera.
• The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo Clam ball heads.
• Metabones PL T CINE Speed Booster TM adapters are designed exclusively for the Zeiss CP.2 and CZ.2 lenses.
• Important Notes: Do not attempt to mount the lenses not under the Lens Comparability List to adapter - physical damage may occur.
• Speed Booster ULTRA is designed to cover an APS-C/Super35 image circle which is not big enough to cover a full-size 36mm x 24mm sensor. On a full frame camera body (A7 series, NEX-VG900) the camera needs to have "APS-C/Super 35mm" set to either "Auto" or "On".
Lens Compatibility List:
ZEISS Compact Prime lenses
• CP.2 15 mm / T2.9
• CP.2 21 mm / T2.9
• CP.2 25 mm / T2.1
• CP.2 28 mm / T2.1
• CP.2 35 mm / T1.5
• CP.2 35 mm / T2.1
• CP.2 50 mm / T1.5
• CP.2 50 mm / T2.1
• CP.2 50 mm / T2.1
• CP.2 85 mm / T1.5
• CP.2 85 mm / T2.1
• CP.2 100 mm / T2.1
• CP.2 135 mm / T2.1
ZEISS Cinema Zoom lenses
• CZ.2 15 – 30 mm / T2.9
• CZ.2 28 – 80 mm / T2.9
• CZ.2 70 – 200 mm / T2.9
Tested camera/camcorder bodies:
• A7S (in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
• A7R (in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
• A7 (in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
• PXW-FS7 MARK II