Sony Cinema Line FX30 with XLR handle unit (ILME-FX30)SKU: 1000012118
APS-C Exmor R|20.1MP / 4K 120p / FHD 60p / with XLR handle unit / 2× CFexpress Typ A
Sony Cinema Line FX30 with XLR handle unit (ILME-FX30)
Compact gateway camera
Sony's acclaimed line-up of Cinema Line cameras sets the standard for filmmaking, with beautiful cinematic imagery, high performance and highly efficient workflow. Enjoy hassle-free shooting with S-Cinetone™ and S-Log3 for high level grading plus numerous other features. The FX30 captures stunning images with 6K oversampling and a true cinematic look. Its compact size lets you take it anywhere, and sophisticated AF and stabilisation features let you concentrate on composition, not the complexity of crews and rigging.
- Memorable imagery from the Exmor R™ CMOS sensor
- S-Cinetone™ for a cinematic look without grading
- Recording formats for image quality and post-production
- Dual Base ISO for cleaner images in low light
- Log recording for smooth cinematic colour grading
- New Log shooting modes for optimised image quality
- See an accurate preview of the final image with user LUTs
- Dependable, highly accurate autofocus
- Sophisticated focus functions to handle any situation
- Flexible motion with up to 4K / 120p recording
- Active Mode image stabilisation supports handheld movie shooting
- Metadata to facilitate editing with Catalyst
- Proxy recording for efficient editing workflow
- Still image shooting function
- Multi-thread body makes a cage unnecessary
- New Main menu for quick access to frequently used items
- Movie standby screen
- Tally lamps
- Flexible, high-resolution touch-panel LCD monitor
- Vertical aspect markers
- XLR connectors for high-quality external audio input
- Broad connectivity for a wide range of shooting needs
- 16-bit RAW output via HDMI
- Time code sync
- Two CFexpress Type A compatible media slots
- Uninterrupted 4K 60p recording
- Designed to resist dust and moisture
- Sturdy magnesium alloy body
- Imaging Edge Mobile™
- Environmentally conscious without compromising performance
Designed for visual storytelling
The FX30's S-Cinetone picture profile gives you a beautiful cinematic look straight out of the camera. Features like Dual Base ISO and Cine EI are designed to provide gorgeous images for cinematic shooting and workflow.
Drawing on the Cinema Line heritage
The outstanding Cinema Line series of cinema cameras is built on decades of experience in the film industry and supported by Sony's sophisticated new technologies on the cutting edge of digital imaging.
Advanced technology for outstanding resolution
The FX30's back-illuminated Exmor™ R APS-C CMOS sensor captures memorable imagery with outstanding resolution and shallow depth of field. 6K oversampling compresses a vast amount of information into 4K recording and output, and the BIONZ XR™ processing engine enables natural gradations, realistic colour reproduction, low noise, and other image quality improvements.
Cine EI, Cine EI Quick, and Flexible ISO modes
Cine EI offers wide latitude and the highest possible image quality, while Cine EI Quick simplifies setup by automatically switching the camera's base ISO. Flexible ISO provides the greatest flexibility for exposure settings.
Reliable AF maintains a steady focus
Sophisticated tracking features let you concentrate on your shoot.
The FX30 provides stable AF and flexible focusing for a wide range of shooting situations. Wide-area AF provides tenacious subject tracking across almost the entire frame, with Real-time Tracking based on Sony's unique, AI-based subject recognition. Real-time Eye AF ensures precise focus on the face and eyes, tailored to humans, birds and animals.
Ready to go wherever you shoot
Compact and light in weight, the FX30 can be operated in combination with gimbals and drones, or with a variety of attached equipment. It's designed to withstand long shoots, with sturdy construction suited to harsh conditions.
- FX-30 Camera
- AC adapter
- Accessory shoe cap
- Body cap
- Handle shoe cap
- Power cord
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100
- USB-A to USB-C cable (USB 3.2)
- XLR handle unit
Technical speicifications see download section